Chevrolet Extended Warranty
When you purchase a new vehicle from Coastal Chevrolet in Savannah, it will come with a factory warranty. However, the factory warranty only last for a certain number of miles or certain amount of time. If you buy a used car, it may not come with a Chevrolet factory warranty. A vehicle service contract, oftentimes referred to as a Chevrolet extended auto warranty, affords you the ability to extend coverage past the the original factory warranty of the vehicle. Often times a Chevrolet Extended Warranty can also compliment a factory warranty by providing additional features and benefits like trip interruption and roadside assistance during the original warranty. While an extended warranty has a fee and is never free like a standard factory warranty, it can provide the assurance similar to the car warranty the vehicle had when new.
When you are shopping around for a Chevrolet extended auto warranty, or vehicle service contract, there are two types of warranties that you may come across: factory backed extended warranty and aftermarket warranty. For many consumers, they might think they are getting a factory backed warranty, but instead get an aftermarket warranty. They are similar in many ways, but they differ in certain ways too. Listed below are a comparison of the two that will make you more informed as a consumer.
Chevrolet Factory Backed Extended Warranty
A Chevrolet factory backed extended warranty is exactly what it sounds like; it is an extended warranty that is backed by the manufacturer of the vehicle. These warranties can cover a variety of components. They offer options for how little or how much coverage you need. You can get the basic powertain warranty that covers the engine, drive system, and transmission or you can go all out and get the comprehensive cover most components of your car. The range in coverage varies depending upon the manufacturer, the company selling the warranty, and the coverage levels. Plus, many factory backed extended auto warranties offer benefits such as roadside assistance, alternate transportation and trip interruption. They can be purchased through a local dealership or through direct marketers.
Chevrolet Aftermarket Car Warranty
An aftermarket warranty can often offer the same coverage as a factory backed extended warranty. They can even offer the same added benefits than those of a factory backed plan, but you need to be careful when reviewing the actual vehicle service contract for the specific coverage the plan offers.Since aftermarket warranties are offer by warranty administrators and the not manufacturer of the vehicle, be sure to ask our professional staff to review the key differences in plans before your purchase.
What is not covered
While every extended auto warranty is different, they very similar items that are not covered by the terms and conditions of the agreement. Here are some items that are not covered:
- Environmental: damages, failures or corrosion from stone chipping, chemical fallout (acid rain), tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning, flood, road hazards, acts of god, or other environmental condition.
- Maintenance: damages or failures caused by improper maintenance of the vehicle as recommended by the Manufacturer of the vehicle. Maintenance is not covered.
- Wear and Tear: normal or excessive wear and tear to include dents, dings, chips, scratches, cracking, splitting. (some extended warranties cover wear and tear. Check your service contract agreement for details)
- Alterations: damages, failures or corrosion from tampering, improper replacement components, alterations or modifications of existing components, improper repair.
- Negligence: damages, failures or corrosion from accident, theft, fire, driving through water, objects striking the vehicle, glass breakage (unless from defect or workmanship), misuse, racing, improper or contaminated fuels or lubricants.
This is not, by all means, a complete listing of the items that could be excluded from your extended warranty. Make sure you look at your service agreement that accompanied your extended warranty. Either way, please do read the fine print to fully understand was is provided by the warranty.
Coastal Chevrolet wants to make sure that your are protected from unseen repair cost. To learn more about a Chevrolet extended auto warranty in Savannah and Richmond Hill, just contact us and one of our warranty specialist will be in touch with you.